Healthy Choices is a FREE 12 week programme for 4-19 year olds who are above a healthy weight. One of our healthy lifestyle advisors will work with you and your family for up to 12 weeks, delivering fun and interactive sessions on a whole range of different topics around nutrition, health and lifestyles.
We offer 45-minute sessions either in your home or in local community venues including children’s centres and schools. The programme offers personalised support that is designed to be a fun, positive and energising experience. The team will help you set simple realistic goals suited to your family to work towards a healthier lifestyle.
Each week, you and your child will explore a different topic with your healthy lifestyle advisor, for example:
- the Eatwell Guide and food groups;
- 5-a-day, and fruit and vegetable tasting;
- physical activity and fitness;
- portion sizing;
- cooking skills and menu planning;
- sugar swaps; and
- understanding food labels.
Your advisor will also offer a weekly weigh-in, and help your family set a weekly goal, to help you on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.
If you're considering taking up the Healthy Choices challenge, think about the following questions:
- Can you and your family commit the time and energy to attend weekly sessions for 12 weeks?
- Are you in the right frame of mind to support each other to make lifestyle changes?