Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Safeguarding Children [EXTERNAL PDF]
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999


If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.

We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets the national criteria.

How To Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible. Ideally, within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks. This will help us to investigate your concern more easily. If it is not possible, please contact us with the details of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem, or
  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.

Complaints should be directed to Mrs Jo Molyneaux (Practice Manager) or any of the doctors either in person, by telephone or by letter. We will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What We Shall Do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within fourteen working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned is needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Getting further help with your complaint

We hope that, if you have a concern, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our service.

If you need any support with your complaint you can get help and advice from :

North Yorkshire NHS Complaints Advocacy Service
(Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm)
Tower Court
Oakdale Road
Clifton Moor
YO30 4XL
Telephone: 0300 012 4212
Fax: 01924 438444

Or complete an enquiry form on the Website:
If you remain dissatisfied you can approach the NHS England with your complaint. This should be done within 12 months of the final outcome of the practice complaints procedure. You can contact NHS England at:

NHS England (For the attention of The Complaints Manager) PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
Telephone: 0300 311 2233

The NHS Commissioning Board can help refer unresolved complaints to the independent Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – write to Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP or call 0345 015 4033 (

Local Services, Let